Monday, April 20, 2015

0

State Bank of India Clerk Exam, 2008 General English: Solved Paper 13

  • Monday, April 20, 2015
  • SekarC
  • Share
  • Directions—(Q. 31–40) In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been
    numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are
    suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each
    case.
    I had …(31)… to become a multipurpose manager. I took three steps to accomplish this. First, I
    took very …(32)… part in professional associations. I …(33)… the National President of the
    Indian Society for Training and Development–one of the …(34)… organizations for HR
    professionals. This helped me to grow professionally. My communication skills …(35)…. It also
    taught me …(36)… to conduct meetings in an effective manner. My job …(37)… me to different
    parts of the country and I …(38)… believe that …(39)… provided me with an education. I also
    wrote a lot. Newspaper editors often approached me with …(40)… to write articles for their
    publications.
    31. (A) achieved
    (B) aim
    (C) try
    (D) dreamed
    (E) wanted
    32. (A) selected
    (B) active
    (C) interesting
    (D) often
    (E) joint
    33. (A) elected
    (B) voted
    (C) became
    (D) applied
    (E) decided
    34. (A) respected
    (B) status
    (C) impressed
    (D) aged
    (E) common
    35. (A) lacked
    (B) grown
    (C) learnt
    (D) improved
    (E) earned
    36. (A) that
    (B) why
    (C) how
    (D) never
    (E) anyhow
    37. (A) saw
    (B) showed
    (C) posted
    (D) discovered
    (E) took
    38. (A) quiet
    (B) firmly
    (C) strong
    (D) first
    (E) not
    39. (A) travelling
    (B) journey
    (C) visit
    (D) migrating
    (E) shift
    40. (A) wish
    (B) offer
    (C) appointments
    (D) requests
    (E) commands

    Answers:

    31. (E) 32. (B) 33. (C) 34. (A)
    35. (D) 36. (C) 37. (E) 38. (B) 39. (A)
    40. (D)

    0 Responses to “State Bank of India Clerk Exam, 2008 General English: Solved Paper 13”

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    Government Examinations by Sekar C is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
    Based on a work at www.govt-exams.blogspot.com.
    Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder

    Subscribe